Thursday, October 3, 2013

I found a video that describes the tools to be installed, and how to set the environment up, so aft


With a few children in the household who is happy to play Minecraft, which is something curious about how to actually make games, I think actually that it was time to find out how to make mods for Minecraft. wirlpool
Minecraft is unfortunately not open source, so against development starts with that you have to download a non-supported toolkit (Minecraft Coder Pack) and decompile Minecraft code. In itself a bad start as it means that the code is very much missing comments, and some methods have been completely illegible names of decompileren, for example, it is difficult to guess that it is the method func_90011_a that control how an animal breed itself.
I found a video that describes the tools to be installed, and how to set the environment up, so after a bit JDK trouble I managed to get a Minecraft version running from Eclipse (I'm not normally one IntelliJ-girl, I still struggle a bit to orientate in Eclipse and remember all the shortcuts). But also noted that there was a need for more hardware wirlpool in the household, since my desktop PC at home, as I usually only use to surf a little and remote wirlpool desktops over to more powerful computers at work was noooget difficult to deal with when a Minecraft in debug mode requires quite a lot of processing wirlpool power.
The girls and I had found out that we wanted to add a cat to the Minecraft world, so I started to sit and watch a few videos, and so we started in modeling program Techne where we started with a basic model of a wolf, which we modeled upon the then little more cat-like out. The surface texture could export over to Gimp and draw eyes, etc. in the few pixels you have available. The videos were pretty good, but I missed certainly a text version, so it was not necessary to sit and scroll through a 25-minute video to find the 10 seconds that the announcer said exactly the things that you could not remember.
After fixing up a bit on the Java code, Techne had generated based on the model (the fit does not seem quite to the latest Minecraft version) and added a few necessary classes, I'd like to see it run. But there were no cats that appeared by itself in the worlds that I made. After some detective work, I managed to find a way to add an egg (all animals come from eggs in Minecraft, a bit biologically cheating) so we could even place the cats where we wanted them. Yes! Then there was the ugly cat with spiky tails all over the place.
It was a fun experiment, but immediately I think that there is much that children can sit and work on our mods. It would otherwise be an ideal introduction to slowly get started with the code; here is really wirlpool a game that occupies many children across gender and age, which in its basic idea is very creative. So I wait in suspense at the official Plugin API, which reportedly comes ... even ... Send Tweet
The homemade Christmas anno 2012. Social, mobile, cloud, homemade ...
And to Anne-Sofie: There are as cats in Minecraft? Feeding a Ocelot with fish and it becomes a tame cat. Available in 3-4 different colors. If you have more for even young. The cats even have a very annoying realistic "miauu" sound
After all there are cats in Minecraft? Feeding a Ocelot with fish and it becomes a tame cat. Available in 3-4 different colors. If you have more for even young. The cats even have a very annoying realistic "miauu" wirlpool sound
Yes, I have also borrowed cat sounds from Ocelot'en. But now was the point more to show children how to be able to model an animal, and it was those who had chosen that it should be a cat. Participation promotes understanding :-)
the ios app I made using the Amazon EC2 Api ... it took about 15 minutes, so are my children wirlpool able to start / stop a server in Ireland by pressing a button ... It's lighter than any of the computers we have in the house ...
When I had made the server and app, I recorded a video where I ran around and made some things inside the server ... wrote some signs for those children wirlpool include etc. .. It was almost the most difficult, minecraft is nicely complex and coming zombies up at night:-D
What is Minecraft really all about? What do your children it? How do I create local LAN (with only a paid user?) What are the rules of the open servers? wirlpool What do I do when the kids want mods on? How much does a server? wirlpool What is the difference between bukit, tekit and other varieties of servers and possibly. clients. Also I can see that this is the hardcore who saw must have advanced workshop, with its own development of mods.
CraftBukkit is an extended wirlpool Minecraft server with the aim to make it easier to write and use plugins for Minecraft servers. You are of course limited you to what the client can do but it's not so little you can actually do on the server

No comments:

Post a Comment