Sunday, October 13, 2013

Super Guide! :) Nice with a lot of screenshots.


After I reinstalled the VPS I have access to, I have used it as a Minecraft server. Today I so want to install Java and Minecraft on it. When someone probably elongated think it's a mess to make a Minecraft server on a Linux machine, I want to show how it can be done. I have chosen to install Bukkit, a modified Minecraft server - which just generally runs really well. So let's jump right into it. Please note that this guide is written for people who use Debain or Ubuntu. elongated
It is not recommended that you run any gaming server at the root user, so we create a new user on the server, I have called user minecraft. You will be asked to enter some information about the new user you can skip them by pressing enter. adduser elongated minecraft
Because we later want to Minecraft server can be running while we're not logged in SSH, we need to install something called screen. Screen installed with this command. apt-get install screen
Paste this into the file and press CTRL + O and CTRL + X. cat> craftbukkit.sh << EOF #! / bin / sh BINDIR = $ (dirname "$ (readlink-fn" $ 0 ")") cd "$ BINDIR" java-Xmx1024M-Xms1024M-jar craftbukkit.jar EOF chmod + x craftbukkit.sh
Super Guide! :) Nice with a lot of screenshots.
Welcome to my blog, iBoserup.dk. It is here that I will share my thoughts and interests. If you want to find out what I am doing, so follow me on Twitter, @ iBoserup. Sitemap | Advertising | Cookies
Recent comments Nicklas to Dear Khalid Makka Bakka Jonas Boserup for Review of Cisco Linksys EA4500 Henrik Nielsen Review of Cisco Linksys EA4500 elongated Makka Bakka to Dear Khalid Makka Bakka Jesper Green to Dear Khalid Makka Bakka


No comments:

Post a Comment